A collection of resources related to QuickTime, HTTP live streaming, and the like. Live streaming I think might let you jump to any point in a video stream without having to buffer all the data that is before that point, and it might resend some lost packets so you get more control over the integrity of the video (ie most of the data will arrive). But I have not been able to find anything specific about that yet.
- http live streaming introduction page
- http live streaming tech overview
- http live streaming tools (actually, you need an AppleID to find these)
- best practice for iPhone/iPad
- Apple intro to HTML 5 and video
- tech note about export settings for Apple hardware devices, lots of detail about data rates, codecs, max bitrates, framerates and the like, for the video nerd. For the rest of us we just use the compression presets that are part of the QuickTime Export Component