These are my links for August 24th from 05:54 to 05:54:
- dhistory:: The front page – Tim Sherratt's quick effort using Trove's API to get front pages from a very large archive of newspaper front pages, and then provide ways to find stuff in them come visualise. Without an API you're collection is mute.
- Keynote: ‘From Strings to Things’, LODLAM Melbourne workshop | mia ridge – Linked Open Data. Important concept here for building metadata that is openly available….
- TextGrid: TextGrid – TextGrid serves as a virtual research environment for philologists, linguists, musicologists and art historians. As a single point of entry to the virtual research environment, TextGridLab provides integrated access to specialized tools, services and content. TextGridRep is a long-term archive for research data in the humanities embedded in a grid infrastructure, which will ensure availability and access to its research data as well as interoperability
- Introducing Scripto: a Tool for Community Transcription –
- Digital Curation Bibliography: Preservation and Stewardship of Scholarly Works – Creative commons licenced book which is about digital curation of scholarly work.
- Digital Curation Resource Guide – list of courses, resources, standards and so on relevant to digital curation.
- Australian National Data Service on Vimeo – Australian National Data Service on vimeo. Presentations and discussions about metadata and the like.